Sustainable Autonomy and Resilience for LEAs using Artificial Intelligent against High priority Threats
The STARLIGHT project will increase awareness, ability, adoption, and long-term results of Artificial Intelligence (AI) applications in European Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs). It will improve the widespread understanding of AI across LEAs to reinforce their investigative and cybersecurity operations and support legal, ethical, and societal values.
Five strategic goals underpin STARLIGHT’s approach:
- Improve the widespread understanding of AI across LEAs to reinforce their investigative and cybersecurity operations and the need to uphold legal, ethical and societal values;
- Provide opportunities to LEAs to exploit AI tools and solutions in their operational work that are trustworthy, transparent and human-centric;
- Ensure that LEAs can PROTECT their own AI systems through privacy- and security-by-design approaches, better cybersecurity tools and knowledge;
- Raise LEAs’ expertise and capacity to COMBAT the misuse of AI-supported crime and terrorism;
- Boost AI for LEAs in Europe through high-quality datasets, an interoperable and standardised framework for long-term sustainability of solutions, and the creation of an AI hub for LEAs that supports a strong AI security industry and enhances the EU’s strategic autonomy in AI.
INOV’s activity focuses on protecting AI tools against cybersecurity threats. INOV studies the applicability of a combination of different methods for the detection of adversarial attacks in the context of the tools developed in the project. It includes testing methods to distinguish adversarial examples from legitimate data and implementing an intrusion detection system. INOV also contributes to the project with an AI-based solution for the detection of cybersecurity attacks resistant to adversarial attacks.